Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We're moving!!

We've got some big stuff going on, and I can't tell you all about it right now, but I can tell you that we're moving! The blog has been growing in a number of ways, and it's time for a new space. Think of it as my interpretation of spring house cleaning.

I'm going to continue to write regularly, hopefully at least three times a week, but I've got a couple of things in the works that might make this space go Boom! I have an awesome web guy, and he's working to complete a new site by week's end. I'm hoping that he and I are able to make that happen.

One other item, which I can't completely divulge right now, is I'm putting together a special event for Father's Day. I'll tell you more when I have all the loose ends tied up.

Please hang in there with me, it should be a smooth and short transition.

By the way, my daughter is pretty amazing. Less than two weeks after having her ACL completely reconstructed, she danced (with assistance) at her senior prom. I have a small lump in my throat as I write this because I see, everyday, what she goes through to try to stick to the doctor's orders. The surgeon said the first three months are the hardest, but he forgot to say how difficult it is just to get started everyday.

I played a sport every season almost all the way through high school. Played football to help pay for college. I know that I could never have handled what my daughter's going through as gracefully and as tough-minded as she is. She's determined that this bump in the road will not prevent her from enjoying the remainder of her senior year, nor keep her down as the summer rolls along. I'm very proud of her, and I hope that others take something positive out of watching her do her thing.

P.S. Don't forget to tell your daughter that you love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment