Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Fathers, Please Prevent Your Wives...

Sometimes you don't need a rule or a law to know that something is just plain wrong. Common sense or moral decency, more often than not, can be utilized instead of laws and written rules.

For example, recent news from television land says that the production company that has brought us the train wreck also known as "Jersey Shore" (see my post about Snooki http://fathersagainstdaughtersdating.blogspot.com/2011/01/snookis-first-on-list.html ) is planning to unveil a new reality show that will feature daughters with their party-animal mothers. 495 Productions is about to open casting calls to identify mothers who party like it's 1995 (I know, dating myself). They also want mothers who dress provocatively and who don't mind being hit on by their daughter's boyfriends. They're looking for mothers and daughters who party hearty together, or daughters who are embarrassed by their mother's boisterous behavior.

If you find my news hard to believe, you can see for yourself at this link - http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/21/party-animal-moms-wanted-new-reality/?test=faces

As a father of daughters, and as a husband who still worships his wife after 22 years, I find the idea behind this show disgusting. I've professed here before that I'm not a fan of the stupidity of reality television. I'm not naive that I don't understand that some people find reality television entertaining. Some more than others. I'm not judging. It's just not my thing. It insults my intelligence (what little I have left with three teenage daughters under my roof).

If you're a father of daughters and a husband who has a wife that might fit the casting call for this show, you obviously need an intervention of major proportions. Call Dr. Phil.

If you're a father of daughters and your wife does not fit the casting call for the show, congratulations. Now, explain to your daughter(s) and wife why this show is stupid and why it's not a good idea. Explain to them that, even though somebody chose to put it on television and some people make the decision to be on the show, that doesn't mean that it's a good thing. Or that it's acceptable.

You don't need a rule or a law to figure that out.

P.S. Don't forget to tell your daughter that you love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment